Thursday, July 3, 2008

Flickr Fun

For my mashup I was tempted to pick Wiki Crimes, where Internet users can report crimes in their area by placing pins on a GoogleMaps-based map. Just think how Jacksonville would bristle with multicolored (color coded by type of crime) pins!

However, that had nothing to do with Flickr, so I decided on Montagr (http://www.deviousgelatin.com/montager/image.php). In it, you can type in a search term and have a montage of all Flickr images of that term created for you (it defaulted to "face" when I went to the site, then I chose "cat" afer getting a screenful of human faces, and voila, a screenful of cats appeared. If you were of an artistic bent, I'm sure this would come in handy. Otherwise, it looks like a good activity to while away the time on those days when you feel you really should get a life but don't have the energy.

No comments: